More questions regarding Servo Drives (Emerson Vs Kollmorgen)

busarider29

Lifetime Supporting Member
We are getting close to making a decision on our servo motor drives selection but we need some unbiased recommendations and comparisons of each. We've gotten quotes for each of the following drives from two different local vendors. One vendor has quoted us for the Emerson drive (M700-07400660A Unidrive) and one vendor has quoted us for the Kollmorgen drive (S74802-NANA). My boss and I have done spec comparisons of both of these drives and it appears that the Kollmorgen drive (specs) slightly outperforms the Emerson drive. Yet, our quote from our one vendor for the Emerson drive is about 30-40% higher than the quote from the other vendor for the Kollmorgen solution. What's the catch?? Is the Emerson drive superior somewhere that we are unaware of?? Why such the difference in costs between the two when it appears the Kollmorgen has better specs than the Emerson?? Or is it just that one vendor charges more than the other and that's the only difference?? What does the Emerson solution offer that the Kollmorgen solution doesn't offer??