RS View Studio Is It Compatible With Factory Talk View?

randy741985

I have a Customer that has Factory Talk View, I was going to create a App. and a Runtime File With RS View Studio ME, Will he be able to open and Modify the App. Is it fully Compatible. He has the Latest Ver.5.1 Of factory Talk While I have Ver.4.0 Of RS View Studio ME.

Thanks In Advance.

When you open a Rsview ME application with FT view this is modified to newest version, I have never tried the opposite.
In some cases you have to upgrade firmware of your PV+, after ME app has been converted to FT.

When you open a Rsview ME application with FT view this is modified to newest version, I have never tried the opposite.
In some cases you have to upgrade firmware of your PV+, after ME app has been converted to FT.

So it will work as long as you open the App. that was created with RS Studio with FT View. But you have never tried it the opposite way?

If you create it in 4 then he will have no problem opening it in 5. However once he modifies it in 5, you will no longer be able to open it in 4.

Yes he should have no issues working with your App, he will however have to choose the appropriate version to match his PV+ firmware when he creates his mer or flash to a newer firmware.

Yes he should have no issues working with your App, he will however have to choose the appropriate version to match his PV+ firmware when he creates his mer or flash to a newer firmware.

I Plan on creating the Runtime File download test it and Ship, I dont want complaints later.

The best thing for you to do is upgrade your RSView Studio 4.0 to FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10. The upgrade does not require a new purchase; it's part of the TechConnect support program.

Your customer will not have any trouble upgrading your application file or running it on a new system.

As noted, you won't be able to make any use of changes he makes, unless you have the same version of FTView Studio.

The best thing for you to do is upgrade your RSView Studio 4.0 to FactoryTalk View Studio 5.10. The upgrade does not require a new purchase; it's part of the TechConnect support program.

Your customer will not have any trouble upgrading your application file or running it on a new system.

As noted, you won't be able to make any use of changes he makes, unless you have the same version of FTView Studio.

Thanks For The Help, Everyone