Weird error with 1794-AENT

Maurog426

Hello! I'm new to the forum, although I've been on it before as a lurker and really appreciate all the help.

First of all, sorry for my english. :oops:

So, today a weird error occurred to one of the ethernet modules in my system. I turned it on and all the other ethernet modules did fine but this one just didn't turn on. I check the power source; all fine there. Got a call and came back like 2 minutes after and the module was starting to turn on, but then the weird thing happened: it was having trouble connecting and then it started to quickly activate and deactivate my DO modules relays, to the point that all of them were damaged and no longer work. They all started to flick like crazy. The module was connected to the PLC and none of these outputs was on in the program, so this should have not happened.

Anyone knows what could have been the issue here? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Based upon what you’ve posted, I’m guessing it is a power supply issue. You don’t specify the source of power to the relay coils, so this really is a guess.

The power supply for the outputs comes from a transformer and through some switches but was not active at the time, only the 24V supply for the modules was on

These modules have a 220V on their inputs so when the outputs are activated through the program they get the 220V to whatever device it's connected, but this 220V power source was off at the moment. They all just started to flick their outputs like crazy, and I can't see what could have been the cause.

I tested the DO modules apart and with just the power supply they seen to be fine but when I connect them to an Ethernet module (not connected to the PLC) all of the relays activate instantly. So, the relays work, but the modules have that malfunction.