Allen Bradley Micro820 tag export global

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Trying to export my tags to a CSV, according to the help file just select the tags and copy then paste into excel, this works for local variables but it does not work on global

Any ideas?

on the controller in the project organizer, right click, scroll down to export, you'll see a pop out list that has Variables as an option in it. From there I'm sure you'll know what to do!

Well that still did not work... I am looking to try and export all the Global and it looks like that only does Local

Thats strange because i just tried it live, i posted earlier from memory, and it definitely exported all of my global variables into the excel sheet. Im using version 12 developer edition of CCW.

Im still on V11 on this PC... a 'work around' (my life lately) I rewrote the tags I needed to be exported to the Local and just exported them, it would not of been a big deal but I need to see the format, I am setting up a OPC server using Open Automation Software and I could only see importing tags with a CSV list

Anyway its up and running, all good 🍺