Red symbol in safety program

Grzesiuk

Hello,

Some time ago in one of the projects (S7-300) I have seen a safety marker which had a red background. Could you please tell me, why some bits were red when the others didnt have any backlight in safety program?

https://ibb.co/0rqwx03

Last edited:
In Simatic Manager and 300’s...
Red is safety I/O and no color is standard I/O

CFC in 400 HF - safety is yellow

Using TIA Portal- safety is yellow

Last edited:
Well, I am just reading a documentation and that is what I found.

"Note
When F-blocks are being edited in F-FBD/F-LAD in the FBD/LAD Editor, all addresses that
are not fail-safe are shown by default with a yellow background."
The yellow background is used only for F-blocks in this case, as for the symbol that are not safety we are using yellow/red background.

S7_distributed_safety_configuring_and_programming_en_US_en-US - site 129

The red colour indicates a non-safe address using Simatic manager for the S7-300 plcs. You can change the colour using Customize>View in the ladder editor.

safec.jpg