elau mc4 rs232 cable

As mentioned previously, the X7 port is for firmware / bootloader download to the MC-4 via the serial cable. As also mentioned, the only tool usually necessary for this is the Firmware Assistant. Maybe this is internally connected to tms320f240, but I don't know since I am not familiar with the internal components of the MC-4. It is normally not necessary to touch this. If you think this component is broken, then there is not much you can do. There are really no hardware engineer that can help you with it if you are trying to fix internal components by yourself. If the components on the circuit board are damaged, then you can only send it to the factory for repair.

ok,thank you so much for help me,sorry we have mc4 problem that replace with another mc4 but it not work and error led of maX4 BLINK .PLEASE TELL ME WHY THAT NOT WORKING BUT WHEN THIS MC4 CONNECT TO ANOTHER MACHINE IT WORK PROPERLY,WHAT DO I FOR WORKING MC4 IN TWO MACHINE?

To get the actual error code from the MC-4 when it is not working, you should connect to the Max-4 with the Diagnostics software tool. It sounds like you maybe already have this, but you can download an install here if not:

The software will collect a complete diagnostic report that will help you solve the problem. However, my some things to check. When you connect the MC-4 to the machine that is not working, do you set the bus address correct via the S1 and S2 rotary switch? This needs to be correct since the program in Max-4 is looking for MC-4 set with specific bus address. If bus address is correct, then perhaps the firmware version in the MC-4 is not correct in line with the firmware that the Max-4 is specifying. The firmware of the MC-4 is listed on the label by the "SW:" tag. Again, if you can get the diagnostic file (.PDI) from the Diagnostics tool, it is easier to see what the problem is.

downgrade mc4

hi,bazook777:
thank you again for help me about mc4 drive,sorry how can i downgrade or upgrade mc4 drive?can you detail about this issue because in two machine with different version when replace mc4 one of this work properly and other machine not work.now i need downgrade version of mc4 for working in other machine.
in other hand i need change firmware version.

Hello. It sounds like you are back to the same problem. The Sercos Firmware Assistant tool is used to upgrade or downgrade the MC-4 firmware. You must be able to establish a connection to the MC-4 with the Sercos Firmware Assistant.

dear friend:
again thank you very much for help me,i can not connect to mc4 by rs232 via max4 .i try to connect with lan cable but it's need ip address and i don't know ip address.how can i find ip address.and do you have varios version firmware files for max4 and mc4 drive?

Hello, can anyone assist with a c600?
I have only a little experience with these types of controllers, so I am really needing some assistance with this.
I am having issues connecting to the controller in order to access the logic at all. Every time I plug my pc in to the plc via an Ethernet cable, I will open my EPAS-4 application then go to File Open>Open project From PLC>Ethernet>Search Network>Apply Controller>Connect... then it acts like it's loading for a second and gives me an error message saying, "Communication Error (#0): Logout Performed"

Can anyone please help?