C-More HMI Software

jimtech67

C-more Programming software

Multi state text indicator

Is there a way to change the "Display a Blank Message" color????

When a non programmed number is in the tag name I want the blank
message to match the screen

In the option tab you can set a tag for object visibility based on a tags value. If your message word uses values 0-64 for example you could set the visibility tag to less than 65 using your "ESC_SENT_RESULT" tag. Unless you are inside the 0-64 range the indicator will not display on screen.

thanks

forgot about that visibility tag option
That will work a few of my [FONT=&quot]Multi state indicators.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]some use value that are non-sequential[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I am going from the old AB PV550 to C-more
The AB logic is running and I do want to change it.
The number of values pushed into ESC_SENT_RESULT is large.

The old PV500 has an error state that I make blank.
In the PV I use the ESC_SENT_RESULT tag on many different Multi state indicators and pick and choose which values I display and have the error state blank..
[/FONT]

Well nothing can ever be straightforward huh?

I guess the other option is to select "display a blank message" for non programmed messages. Each message can be set up for different text and background colors in the message tab. You would then manually set any values that aren't associated with a message to use the background color that matches your default screen color.

One other quick thing. The multi-state text indicator only allows 17 messages to be set up from what I'm seeing. If you have a large number of messages you may want to be using the "lookup text" object. You would set up your messages in the message database at that point.

Also you can set up how you would like your blank message to look so that it blends in and with that message selected click "Set attribute". That will copy the message format. Then you can select multiple unused message entries and click "change attribute" and it will paste the formatting to all selected messages.

Should be able to populate the table pretty quickly that way.