Red Lion and Omron

QvixoteRoux

Hi

I am trying to connect a Red Lion G306A000 with an omron CP1L-EM40DR-D

does anybody can hint me to this?
I have searched for hours and have found nothing

Are you trying to connect with Ethernet or serial?
I know nothing about the Red Lion product.

If you are connecting with Ethernet, you would need to use the Omron FINS over Ethernet driver.

You will need to verify the PLC IP address using CX-Programmer using the information in the W516 manual Section 5.

yes, they are connected via ethernet but no response from the red lion

PLC has 192.168.1.4 as IP address, I understand that 4 would be the FINS node, but how do I know the node from the red lion?

also, do I need to configure something else in the cx programmer?

The FINS node number will be the same as the last octet of the IP address. So the HMI IP address needs to be 192.168.1.x where x will be equal to the FINS node number.

FINS node numbers can be up from 1 to 254.

I have current settings

PLC IP

Red Lion HMI

last screen is from the red lion Crimson software

I have tried with default settings, only changing the plc address in the last pic, and changing all the values

I also have tried using routing tables and without it, but no response

I requested some support from an engineer at a maquila factory, they have the same hmi model but the plc is a CP1H, in the first 4 pics they left the default settings and in the last they changed only the source node to mathc the last octet of the hmi IP

I dont know if specifically the CP1L-E is not compatible with red lion. I even had to upgrade the cx programmer.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg

I found the problem, well not exactly me, but I was close enough

the steps are as follow:

1-a file in the CX-Programmer needs to be created with the default settings
2- go online and change IP address to the desired one (this time I used 192.169.1.1) and the subnet mask (255.255.255.0)
3- transfer configurations to PLC
4- go to Tools, and choose the second option (network setup I think, mine is in spanish)
5-a small program opens, right click on your PLC and open
6- click in routing tables in the upper tabs set
7-another window opens, go to unit 250, right click, add SIO
8- transfer the table to the plc via options tab, transfer to PLC
9- return to CX-Programmer, quit online, and configure you PLC comms as attachment 1, and in attachment 2 the IP address set in step 2
10- open the red lion, and check for attachment 3.

in attachment 3 (Crimson software for red lion HMI), I went to comms, network, protocol X (you decide the X), choose omron, Master via FINS
then I selected the PLC (name can be changed) and made these settings
on the left side

Destination Network: 0 (seems like needed to be 0)
Destination Node: 1 (last fragment from PLC IP Address)
Destination unit: 0 (also seems like has to be 0)

on the right side:
Source network 1 (the 1 from attachment 1)
Source node: 2 (Last fragment from HMI IP)
Source unit: 1 (also from attachment 1)

My problem was that on the left side I rote the settings for the right side, and in the routing table, I was using the unit 1 slot, and CP1L-E has built-in ethernet port (and only this built in port) that uses the unit 250.

I hope this post will help someone in the future.

I will write for what I am using this next week

001.png 002.jpg 003.jpg

Last edited:
this post has once more proven to be helpful for me and my co-mates
I need to expand it to include the slightly different instructions for using CP1L-M (USB no ethernet) with the ethernet option board CP1W

When using FINS the network number needs to be set to 1 in the PLC with CX-Integrator. This is the same with Omron touch screens as well - no different. Then the source network needs to be set to 1 in the HMI. As noted the FINS address also needs to be set.