Sick clv630 and s7-1500

Jonathan358

Hey guys I'm new here

I haven't been programing for long. Company handed me the laptop and said do it, Anyways. I am trying to figure out how to get the output data compile together of a bar code scanner(sick clv630-6120) with the Siemens s7-1515-2. I am going to be sending it to a kebware ocs server. I have download the GSD from sick but I am using TIA v15.1 so they don't have function blocks for the newest software. They did give me instructions on how to use the Profinet in a PDF which I have attached here. Please help the best you can.

Thank you

http://https://www.pdf.investintech.com/preview-frames.php?id=WGMxUkVjRVMxVTZqTTBFZ25yOFhwbEY0SWZDNmlCbERtZE1xVGRSWkdlZXQzV0ZmZm5WSS9RZ1VrMlM1SkJDQjI4d1JyRENiOFJFM2kvVnRkeEt6NUVESU5FeGZlcnJXTHl3SE50amFJeGZtaVNyQU1YTGVLNHVZVDcySUNhdUg=

Heh, I have just started a project using almost the same setup.
Anyways, you should have a ZIP containing the library with a TIA14 version. Open that and let TIA15.1 update it to the newest version. You should then be able to open the new Global library and import the Function Blocks. For the output data, you can use Chars_TO_Strg() to convert from Array of Chars to a String if you want it. Just be aware that the first two bytes of Strings in Siemens are administrative bytes, in case your OPC starts reading Strings in a funny way.

Thank you so much for the help! Been spending days trying to figure it out because I couldn't get tia to see the verison v14. Until I hit open project and it updated it just like you said! Now I can get everything set up.

Heh, I have just started a project using almost the same setup.
Anyways, you should have a ZIP containing the library with a TIA14 version. Open that and let TIA15.1 update it to the newest version. You should then be able to open the new Global library and import the Function Blocks. For the output data, you can use Chars_TO_Strg() to convert from Array of Chars to a String if you want it. Just be aware that the first two bytes of Strings in Siemens are administrative bytes, in case your OPC starts reading Strings in a funny way.

So how did you get it to know if it got a good scan? I'm still a little lost. I have been using a photoeye to trigger it. Once it scans I can see the data but it's all messed up. I want to be able to scan. Turn the trigger off. If error then rescan again. You wouldn't happen to have a program or pic I can go by to help me understand this better ?

Are you still having issues?
We're using the Lector 621 over Profinet where we have it set up using the SICK programming tool. We are using the SICK_Lector_CLV6xx_PNDP Function Block with a Trigger On and a Trigger Off signal. The FB is enveloped in our own block with a timeout setting the trigger off in a sequence.

Are you still having issues?
We're using the Lector 621 over Profinet where we have it set up using the SICK programming tool. We are using the SICK_Lector_CLV6xx_PNDP Function Block with a Trigger On and a Trigger Off signal. The FB is enveloped in our own block with a timeout setting the trigger off in a sequence.

I got it all figured out. I'm using the PLC to trigger it on. The scanner is trigger off if it gets a good read. I'm using s_comp to compare a noread for a bad scan. I'm used the example SLC that was in the file and simplified it a bit just to read and convert the data from char to string

Hey Guys. New here also. We have old equipment running clv250 that communicate with a 1746 Basic card through a tty/rs232 convertor box. THe old scanner uses the seimens PLC protocol. The new scanners which are clv630 doesnt have that protocol as an option. Does the new scanners do the seimens protocol??

Sick's website and the Operating Instructions manual show that series speaking ProfiNet natively and Profibus with an accessory module. Siemens controllers speak either/both of these.

To integrate with a Siemens PLC you will download the GSD file from the product page here. (Please double check that this is the correct series.)

After importing the GSD file, add it to your hardware configuration and the scanner should appear as an IO device with I and Q addresses.