TIsoft DCU connection issues

LDK1989

Hello all. I have got some Siemens TI305 PLC's with a 330 CPU. I am attempting to back up the software on them, connecting via D3-232-DCU with a RS232 connection to my PG. I have attempted to use TI Soft 2, V2.01 and V1.01 for series 305 and the Direct soft 6 software also and have so far been unsuccessful. The TI Soft is set up on a windows 2000 and the direct soft on a window 10 machine.

I have tried multiple set ups of the dip switches on the DCU and altered the baud rates on my PG's serial port on Comm1 also which has not worked. I've tried multiple different addresses to no avail also.

I'm not too savvy with the TI equipment so if anyone is your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My first thought was Siemens, Step 7 . . .
Probably not.

>>>
Question : Please If someone knows what software can I use to program a Siemens TI 305 PLC,

Answer > Try www.automationdirect.com for part #PC-PGM-305. Depending on which CPU you have, you may also need an RS232 adapter Simatic PPX:305-03DM, or Automation Direct D3-232-DCU. Rather than buy one of these, you might be better off replacing the CPU card with one having an RS232 port built in.

https://control.com/thread/975619623#975619623
>>>

(I know nothing of the TI 305 PLC . .)
(But Google seems to be able to find anything.)

Poet.

I have already got the D3-232-DCU which is what I am trying to connect with as per my original post, and cant replace the CPU until I have backed up the software.

I have been in contact with Automation directs UK based distributor Lamonde however they have not been able to come up with a solution for me.

As per the original thread post, I have all the hardware and the software packages, and have tried a few different things but just cant connect online. and have exhausted what I know on them.

I have done this upload many times. Is the CPU light on and also the RUN?

Make sure you have the correct RS232 cable between the DCU and computer.

As an interesting note: I had one case where I used the handheld programmer with a tape recorder to upload a 330 CPU - it would just not communicate, possibly due to a failure on the CPU itself. Usually I only needed the handheld programmer with older TI315 CPUs. In another case, I had to change the backplane.. but in that case, the CPU LED was dimmed, and the CPU would not go to RUN.