Panel View Plus CE Application ID

The Plc Kid

I inherited a machine today that has a PV + CE termial on it that is 5.10.00. It has about 8 applications on the internal memeory (No External memeory)and thay are all named really weird with no dates.

All these files are different versions of the same application but one of them is set to run on startup. As I can see and also according to rockwell tech support there is no way to tell what thwe current running application is when it is set to run on startup.

The machine works and works well with the app that is currently loaded but I need to make a few simple mods and I need to know which file to work with and I would also like to remove all but the current file from the unit so it is not confusing for the maintenance techs.

Any ideas on how to ID the application set to run on startup.

Yet another Pi$$ poor non feature of FT view.

I think this was addressed recently on the Forum.

The solution, if I recall correctly, was to copy all of the *.MER files to a backup location (like the external CF card), then remove it and delete all the *.MER files onboard.

When the terminal reboots, it will come up with an error saying it can't find the current application, and it will specifically show the name of that application file (and the path to where it was stored, on Storage Card or Storage Card2.

Then you just restore the one you need to that location.

I put an about screen in all SE/ME files or really anything that uses screens. Then as long as you update the about screen you will always know what date/version you are working with. (What Ken said before me should work, or you can just leave all files on the PanelView and just rename all of them. This way you can restore to how it was before you started messing around with it.)