Siemens PLC S7-300 and Step 7 software

sodonnell

I am using a Siemens s7-300 PLC and using Step 7 software to reach it. However last week I could communicate with the PLC and change online and offline status. This week I cannot get to the PLC in in way not even with a ping from another computer. I am reciving a message numbered 33:16656 and have looked it up but the instructions. 33:16656 is...Online: Connection could not be established. The connection partner is not responding. Power has been turned off to the driveat least once in the last week. ANy answers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Since you mention ping I assume you are trying to get to it over ethernet... Do you have any lights on the CPU or the CP343-1 module (mainly red or flashing) - do you have a link light when you are connecting from the PC to the PLC? Are you using a cross-over cable or a hub or switch? Has the IP address of the PC been modified - any virus or firewall or windows SP's installed? Check what the settings in Simatic Manager -> Options -> Set PG/PC....