Acces Siemens S7-315 by VB

GAEvakYD

Hi,

I would like to ask for some information how to take on an problem i have.

I received an order to make an PLC program that will generate a lot of testdate. It's a program to test some engines for some hours. One test devided in 8 steps. All steps contains 300 timings of 13 REAL values. So that will be 13*300= 3900 registers per step, that will give me 8*3900=31200 register to read out for one test cylcy.

Above the PLC program i must program an application in VB to display some information of the test process and read out all the 31200 registers. After that there must be generated an CSV file with all the testinformation.

The whole process has the following requirements:
-PLC 315 2DP.
-Connection by CP5611 card for MPI or Profibus
-HMI application made in VB 6.0

So i searched for some hours/days for the best option i've to load that bulk of data. The following options i found:
-Use Siemens OPC server and use the ActiveX control made by Siemens to read out the values on the OPC server.
-Use the last version of Prodave and acces the data directly on the port.

The first option i tried out but the ActiveX control made by siemens doesn't work fine. I can't read out data of my own OPC server, the component will not change the node. Siemens has entered an example test OPC server. When i tried to enter my own OPC server (by browse, so it's a valid OPC server found on the local machine)the OPC Server name doesn't changed from teh default name. :(.
Otherwise i would like to know if it's possible in OPC to receive data on event instead by a update rate. You will understand i doesn't want to update the testdata on a defined updaterate. I would like to update the data when a boolean register is changed to TRUE, so i know the test is complete.

The second option is to use Siemens Prodave and program directly to the port. The only problem is that i could not test that program before i buy it. I only have the 5.0 release, and that one doesn't support Windows 2000 or later. I can't find a trial version of it on the internet and Siemens themself doesn't answer their email.

If some of you can help me to make the choice or has some interesting hints, i would be very very happy. May be some of you could answer my question of the event based option in Siemens OPC.

Greets,

Hi,

I'm sorry I haven't much time but this problems has been discused before but I don't know in which forum.

I have some demo data of an VB -S7 connection without Siemens soft or hardware necessary on the pc side.

If you're interested I could send it to you.

Rudi

Fritz_frederix said:
Hi,

I'm sorry I haven't much time but this problems has been discused before but I don't know in which forum.

I have some demo data of an VB -S7 connection without Siemens soft or hardware necessary on the pc side.

Rudi

WOW< surely i'm interested. That demo project depends on OPC of Prodave or none of them?. Would you be so kind to send it to my emailadres or should i PM you with an emailadres with a biggerbuffer.

Hi Robin,
I've just tried to open your sample but it requests one "SinecMsg.ocx". Can you tell me where to find it?

Do you also have a sample for MPI access?

Regards

Fritz_frederix said:
Hi,

Rudi

Could you also mail this to me? My email is [username]@pandora.be

Thanks!!

About sending the data on event:
It should be possible to setup an OPC connection that uses the Send-Recieve interface. This means that the PLC decides when to send the data. There should be a FAQ about using Simatic Net and OPC with S-R interface.

bonjour, je veux faire une application sur PC (interface graphique de supervision et commande) qui communique avec un automate siemens S7-200. j'ai besion d'un driver ou d'un composant ocx qui permet de faciliter la tache. exemple: prodave.ocx ou opc server.ocx

samir_2006 said:
bonjour, je veux faire une application sur PC (interface graphique de supervision et commande) qui communique avec un automate siemens S7-200. j'ai besion d'un driver ou d'un composant ocx qui permet de faciliter la tache. exemple: prodave.ocx ou opc server.ocx

Bonjour Samir,

What you need is PC ACCESS!

Thats a OPC server for S7-200.
Samples for Visual Basic (Version 6.0), ProTool/Pro (Version 6.0 SP2), and Excel (Version 2000) are provided with the product.

PC ACCESS Also provides VBA add-in that permits Excel to acquire data from the S7-200. Very easy to use!!

bonjour leonardo.
merci tout d'abord pour votre aide, mais si tu peut m'envoyer l'adresse du site de téléchargement du PC ACCESS.
si tu a ce driver, est ce que tu peut m'envoyer une copie car j'ai vraiment besoin.
Merci et à bientôt

Fox said:
Hi Robin,
I've just tried to open your sample but it requests one "SinecMsg.ocx". Can you tell me where to find it?

Do you also have a sample for MPI access?

Regards

I'm also searching for a solution like that (socket communication). But i got also the same warning about the SinecMsg.ocx, can somebody help me with this file?

Thank you!