Siemens TP177A Date and time

gertjie

I've got a Siemens S7 200 connected to a TP177A touch panel. Is there a way that I can can set the touch panel date and time to the PLC time of day? I am displaying the PLC date and time on the touch panel but the system time of the touch panel is different. Therefore the time stamp of an alarm is incorrect. At the moment I've got a date/time field (input/output) on the display which I can manually change to the correct date and time, but the problem is that it resets with a power down.
Regards

Hi,

There are read clock and set clock instruction in S7-200.You can read and set the clock.
In HMI generate a date and time tag and move value of PLC to these tag.
I think this will help you.

Hello all. I am gonna give this thread some life... :D

I am using about the same configuration of s7-200 PLC(CPU222) an a Td200 Operator panel, and I need to have at least the data about the daily time in my project. I have tried to use the set the clock and read the clock functions but don't understand why the Read clock function in colored red when I monitor the code online. Is CPU 222 even capable of setting it's time. In the PLC tab time of day clock function outputs an error that this feature is not supported by this feature.

I've also tried adding this library from s7200.net(http://www.s7-200.net/libraries/Scripts/entryaec8.html?entry_ID=42&Part=1), but I get no pulses from the outputs.

Any input would be great. Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Ales

Last edited:
I don't think the 222 has a clock.

With the 224 with TP's I have code that will write the PLC date and time to the TP when it powers up. This to fix the issue of the TP losing its time when power is cycled. There is also a screen on my TP where the user can set the PLC time. I will be glad to share this code if you need it. I don't have anything for the TD200 panel, its completely different from a TP177 of course. I have not programmed a TD200 but understand its a dumb device that reads code in the PLC. So if your CPU had a real time clock you would probably be able to shove it into an address the TD200 reads. Hope this helps!