Slc 5/05 ethernet issues

2004sk4

The current setup is a
ab 5/05 plc
2 8 inch cmore touchscreen(1 on each end of line) -ethernet protocol
1 6 inch cmore touchscreen -ethernet
1 existing visual basic program -ethernet protocol

I am having issues with ethernet port not updating the cmore touschscreens.

The channel 1 status is showing me
single 80
mulitple 56
deferred transmissions 128

total 9
incoming 9
outcoming 0
max connection allowed 0

Is there any manuals that explain how to change any of the above settings

thanks

What you posted are some of the status counters for the SLC-5/05 Channel 1 Ethernet port. It would be helpful if you could screencapture and post all the status counters for the port, like this:

SLC_Ch1_Diagnostics.jpg

The collision counters indicate some problems with the Ethernet physical port, but not extremely bad ones. Unless they are continuously increasing, the cabling is probably OK.

The Connections counters surprise me. Usually a C-More or similar device only takes up 1 TCP connection, and so does RSLogix 500. By your description, there should only be 5 connections, yet it shows 9. Even the smallest-capacity SLC-5/05 can handle 16 TCP connections, up to 12 of them incoming.

The other questions Tech Support would ask:

What is the model number (1747-L551, -L552, -L553), hardware Series and Firmware Series and Revision is the controller ?

What kind of Ethernet switch are you using ? Managed or unmanaged ? Any ControlLogix I/O connections running on the same switch ?

Do all three C-More screens stop updating at the same time ? Does the VB application also stop updating ? What steps do you take to get the C-More screens updating again ?

During the time that the C-More screens are not updating, can you browse the controller with RSLinx ? Can you go online with RSLogix 500 ? Can you view the controller's diagnostic web page ? Can you PING the controller ?