symax stumps me again

ygnm

stumped by symax again. i am working on converting a old symax program over to logix 5000 and i have run across a bit i can not find in any of my paperwork for these symax's. there is a reference to bit 19 off of a timer. say the timer is 958. there are then references to big 958-19. anybody seen this before? thanks.

I don't know the answer but it would help if you also posted the Model Number/Family of the particular Symax. Posting a screen shot, .jpg, .txt, or .pdf of the rung(s) where the timer is currently being used would also be nice.

it is a model 400. i tried to screen shot the logic but it wont let me. says its too big. the bit is used to latch the timer in.

How did you get the existing logic out of the SYMAX?

Seems the software is super obsolete. I was going to buy a handheld programmer off of ebay and document 1 rung at a time.

it is a model 400. i tried to screen shot the logic but it wont let me. says its too big. the bit is used to latch the timer in.
Maybe you could just take a pic of the screen with your cellphone and then save the file to your computer. Upload(Attach) that to a post. That ought not be too big.

Again, I honestly don't know much of anything about this software but I do have a copy of it installed and several sample programs to look at. It appears to me to be related to a remote rack addressing scheme. Maybe some of the oldtimers that actually have experience with this software and plc will see this thread and jump in to help. I also would suggest that you zip and attach the program files if you can and have them available. They would have extension suffixs like .rng, .reg, .lbl or .lab. There could also be files with the extension .hdr or .ttl.

Last edited:
Not Reset (Bit 19)
Counter, timer, the last register of a syrchronous or Asynchronous (FIFO) Shift Register - An open "clear" line to the programming box for any of these operations will reset this status bit to "0" (the highest numbered register of a FIFO or SHIFT operation contains the reporting status field).

I'm sorry too long since I used Symax. Still have the manual at home.
George

Again, I'm only guessing and could be all wrong. From what I can guess about the logic is that 958-19 insures that the data registers for that timer clear and reset properly. I "think" that modern software takes care of that "behind the scenes", and can safely be ignored. The key to programming the correct logic will depend on what 950 is doing in the rest of the program. I'm thinking that 958-19 insures that the timer doesn't clear itself too soon.

Last edited: