plc 5 1771-il module

cbplc5

I am doing a little self training and looking for some feedback. I have a plc 5 with a 1771-il module looking into some scaling issues with an input. I am looking at changing the raw min and raw max of the BTW of the input and would like to know that when I accept edits on this change a pop up is displayed "do you want to download the configuration to the module". If I download the change will this stop the process?

Welcome to the Forum!

You do not have to edit (and you definitely should not) any Block Transfers, Data Table and/or logic in order to adjust any 1771 analog signal scaling.

Use the RSLogix 5 I/O Configuration applet which will provide you with all the available 'adjustable' settings for the analog module's channels; just type in the value(s) and hit the Enter key.

If the respective module's BTW is being processed every scan the new scaling will be implemented immediately; if the BTW is triggered only at Power-Up time you might need to add an XIC of an unused memory bit in parallel with the Power-Up bit and make it '1' then '0' with the PLC5 in Run mode; you could Delete the instruction upon finishing the tweaking in order to prevent someone else to inadvertently change the configuration.