Micro Logix 1400 Blank Screen / Display, Power and Fault Lights flashing

trigger300

Hey,
I have an old panel that the plc has no display and flashing power and fault lights. I changed out the plc and now the new one powers up and says micrologix 1400 on the screen then it goes blank, only power light is on. Have tried just hooking 120v with a power supply to it with no i/o and same thing. Any help would be appreciated, don't want to ruin another plc lol.
Note: I have seen in another thread that a faulty prox sensor that used the plc power for supply could maybe cause this?

Have tried just hooking 120v with a power supply to it with no i/o and same thing.

Both the same power supply or two different power supplies?

I just had a customer return a PLC that was 120V and they were supplying 24VDC to and it did not run very good (better then the other way around), not that this is your issue but just thought of it...

I currently have it connected to a clean 120v supply, but they were originally connected to the power supply of the panel.

Thats strange for them both to have the same issue like that... Im on my maybe 300'th (or more) MicroLogix 1400 and never had one fail

Guessing now but are you downloading the program then this happens? maybe you have something screwy going on with the download?

I know, very strange. No, the new one has no program and I tried to give it an ip with bootp and connect to it (all after the no display happened) and couldn't, but didn't try very hard to get the connection going. I figure putting a program in it would not help the display.