SLC 5/03 to NET IP

kbradray

I am currently trying to install a Net/IP (1761-Net-ENI) module on a SLC 5/03 (5/03 CPU-8K Mem. OS302 Ser. C Fr. 10) I have installed several of these on ML1500s with no issues, but I can’t get this one to communicate with the processor via DF-1 RS 232. I can communicate via the DF-1 port on the processor to my laptop.

I have used the ENI utility to configure the module.

I have verified that both baud rates are the same 19200

I have the correct cable from SLC to Module (supplied by the AB vendor)

With the ML 1500s I am using the cable for the power source to the module, but when I plug in the cable to the 5/05 I get no power to the module.

While my laptop is connected the RS232 light on the processor is blinking, but as soon as I disconnect and hook up the configured Net-ENI module it goes out.

Can someone tell me what I am missing?

For that setup you'll need to supply the ENI with external 24VDC and change the power select switch to external instead of cable. Is it a 5/03 or 5/05? You mentioned both.