WinCC 7.0 PLC Time Sync

erdemsvri

Hello

I want to synchronise date and time data between Scada (Master) and PLC, S7-315 2PN/DP (slave). The Scada and plc are on an ethernet network. I using the profinet capability of the CPU so no extra CP. I have searched in Siemens forums and some tell you can not do this without a CP (CP343-1) and some say you can. I listened to the ones who said I can so give it a shot but it is unsuccesfull.

As I summarize what have I tried.

-In WinCC I setup a comm. between winCC and PLC. It is working fine.
-Then using time synchronization tool of WinCC 7.0 I set scada as master over ISO on TCP choosing the computers ethernet card.
-At last I add CCTMTimeSync.exe to the startup of the runtime.
-I choose the ISO on TCP from set pg/pc

In the PLC from hardware setting in diasgnostic and clock tab I have choose the PLC as slave in sync and read the system time. It still shows 1994.

Also on the PN tab in hardware setting I have activated the NTP and entred Scada's IP adress as server and also the outcome is still 1994.

At last I added the PC to the Ethernet network in Netpro and setup a ISO on TCP comm between PLC and PC (WinCC)

By the way when I choose ISO on TCP for my PG/PC interface I can't reach to plc so I must use antoher pc to download program to the plc.

Please if anyone have experience in this help me, according to me it shouldnt be that hard to sync two system clocks but Siemens thinks we should suffer more.

In the program there are lots of things to be done according to the time so the system time should be fine and in Turkey we still use daylight savings so twice every year we should play with our clocks.WinCC does this automatically so no problem but the PLC still Siemens want us to suffer so they wont put an option for daylight saving in system time.

At last if I cant manage to sync the PLC time to Scada I am thinking of writing a code which automaticlly implement daylight saving in system time but I think this isn't the way it should be so please help me sync time between WinCC and S7-315 2PN/DP.

Thanks.

Last edited: