1756-ENBT communication issue. MSG Reset help!

I have a feeling that you are using very old RSLinx and/or outdated EDS file. The latest in FW will bring the latest EDS. And you should use RSlinx 3.71 or higher.

Ken

Sorry Ken, I should have started a new thread. I didn't mean to take over the conversation, just thought I was asking a simple question. Nothing simple these days, that's what makes it interesting.

Contr_Conn

The laptop I'm using is running XP3 with RSLinx 2.42 which I use to support older hardware. I updated RSLinx on a desktop to 3.71 and it solved the issue with the missing "Auto-negotiate" check box. I wil look up the newest version of RSLinx that was tested with XP and update laptop. It's getting very hard to work on these older systems that many companies refuse to update because of cost.

Thanks Everyone

Regards,
Sydney

Earlier today I have found a technote that is saying that this feature added in v 2.43.
I have no access to the KB right now to find it again.
I think the latest ver 2.xx will work with XP

Earlier today I have found a technote that is saying that this feature added in v 2.43.
I have no access to the KB right now to find it again.
I think the latest ver 2.xx will work with XP

Only technote that I could find in KB Auto-Negotiation function with early Rockwell Ethernet devices. Does not talk about RSLinx 2.43 version support.

I will find it tomorrow.
It was a different TN subject, but it mentioned that settings added into the version 2.43