1756 sm2

don2405

Hello everyone

I am trying to improve my skills but am having some problems, I hope someone can help.

I am using an AB micro 1500 LRP C and a 1756 SM2(DSI, single mode config) module to control a powerflex 4M using DSI.
Having read through the manuals several times, I am having some difficulty understanding the "mapping" of the PLC addressing to the SM2 used in the Ladder logic example in the manual.

I downloaded the Example program from the manual to the PLC program and it worked great.

Now is to understand the origin of the addresses.

Eg In single mode, address O:1/18( CH1 drive0 logic cmd bit 02). I am having difficulty understanding how that address was derived.

Help anyone?

Hello everyone

I am trying to improve my skills but am having some problems, I hope someone can help.

I am using an AB micro 1500 LRP C and a 1756 SM2(DSI, single mode config) module to control a powerflex 4M using DSI.
Having read through the manuals several times, I am having some difficulty understanding the "mapping" of the PLC addressing to the SM2 used in the Ladder logic example in the manual.

I downloaded the Example program from the manual to the PLC program and it worked great.

Now is to understand the origin of the addresses.

Eg In single mode, address O:1/18( CH1 drive0 logic cmd bit 02). I am having difficulty understanding how that address was derived.

Help anyone?
Good Luck.
I pulled my hair out for weeks, years ago, with this module.
It turns out that, according to guys I talked to, that this module was a multiple-group project, between the PLC-guys and the Drive-guys. Now, nobody wants to "own" it, and it is just a Ca$h Cow. Operative word: cow.
I did eventually make mine work (it was in Modbus mode), and since then, have vowed to always use more appropriate Third Party modules for Modbus.

Hello. I have a communication problem between an L30ER and SM2 module. It gives me a message error 16#001e, extended err code: 16#0000_0002, Error Text :Embedded service resulted in error. I have a Lovato network analyzer connected to SM2 module via Modbus RTU, on channel 1. The setting in the MSG instruction are: Configuration:Service type - Custom, Message type - CIP generic, service code 4b, Class 33f, instance 0, attribute 0, Source CH1_REQ[0] - INT[10], CH1_RESP[0] - INT[10]; Communication: slot 4, port 2, channel 1, Connected - not checked. baud rate is 9600, DSI/RTU is 5, format 8-N-1. the channel led from the SM2 module is flashing. I read the value at a 2s. The rung is: XIO.TON.EN+TON.2s.EN+MSG.EN. The Cable betweenSM2 and Net.Anal is a CAT5, pins 4(A) and 5(B) Maybe someone has a clue.