FTview Studio SE/Me version 8.10 and Rslogix Emulate 5000 communication problem

minaykha

Hello everyone,

Recently, i updated my factory talk view studio ME and SE to version 8.10.

I create HMI application and tried to test with emulator Rslogix 5000version 20.

HMI application version : 8.10
Rslogix 5000 version : 20
Emulator 5000 version : 20

I can see the emulator in HMI communication setup and Rslinx but when i test run application , it seem like there is no communication between HMI runtime application and Emulator controller. All my graphic come out grey color and error.

Anyone has any idea ?
Is Factorytalk SE/ME version 8.10 compatible with emulator version 20 ?

I cannot update my Rslogix 5000 and emulator to higher version than 20 because i am using window Xp.

Any help ?

Thank.

I never worked with emulate but I'm quite familiar with ftview me and rslogix 5000.

So i guess it was working before upgrading?

If you go to select a tag, and you hit refresh, are you still seeing your controller tags? if not then recheck your communication tab. The path changed on me often while just running my VM that FTview is installed on, from a different PC. A few things will mess up the controller path

Last edited:
Can you see RSLinx Enterprise module on the Emulator? This is an old problem with RSEmulate and it sometimes appears with upgrades or new installations. Try repairing RSLinx Enterprise by following the procedure below: <li style="list-style: none; display: inline">
  • Control Panel -->Add or Remove Programs --> Select RSLinx Enterprise -->click Click here for support information-->Select Repair
In the worst scenarios, I've had to re-install RsLinx Enterprise and Emulator.

Hi,

Thank for your attention.

This problem only happened after i have updated FactoryTalk Studio to 8.10.

I even tried uninstall and reinstall the RsLinx Enterprise, but the problem remain same.

I can assign communication path.
But,i cannot see the tag inside controller in online tag browser.

I suspect, there is some version incompatibility with FactoryTalk Studio version 8.10 and emulator version 20 in window XP.

I used another laptop(My friend's laptop) with window 7, and update emulator version to 24.After that, everything work in order.

The problem is that, I am not allowed to install emulator version 24 in window Xp. ( Window Xp can install version 20 and below only ).

Anyone have any idea how can i test my factoryTalk application version 8.10 with Emulator version 20 in window XP ?

Thank.

Sorry,

I have overlook Mr.nhatsen question.
I cannot see Rslinx enterprise module on the emulator.
I think , i need to fix it first.
I will uninstall and reinstall my emulator.

Hi,

After i have uninstalled and reinstalled Emulator. I received the following error message,

" a severe error occurred while using our EDS services component "

When i open Emulator, i cannot see the Rslinx Enterprise module on Emulator. I can only see Rslinx module only.

Any help ? thank.

I cannot see Rslinx enterprise module on the emulator.
My method to solve this problem was:

a) Uninstall RsLinx Enterpise.
b) Uninstall Emulator.
c) Reboot.
d) Use any tooll like CCleaner to clean the Windows Register. Then reboot.
e) Install RSLinx Enterprise. Then reboot.
f) Install Emulator. Reboot.

Hi,

After i have uninstalled and reinstalled Emulator. I received the following error message,

" a severe error occurred while using our EDS services component "

When i open Emulator, i cannot see the Rslinx Enterprise module on Emulator. I can only see Rslinx module only.

Any help ? thank.

I received that error message many times in the past under the same conditions (re-installing Emulator). That's a tricky error normally linked to RSLinx Classic but for some unkown reason appears after reinstalling Emulator. I simply ignored it because RSLinx Enterprise module appeared on Emulator chassis.

In any case, there's some information about this problem in TecnNote 6079 RSLogix Emulate installation - Cannot create destination file (Access Level: Everyone):

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6079

I think that most of the problems when you try to reinstall software (made by Rockwell) is due to old entries on Windows Register not deleted.

Thank Mr.nhatsen for your time and sharing info.

I followed your procedure exactly, but, it could not solve my problem.

These two days, i was trying to find out the solution and finally, i could find the solution from somewhere.

Following procedure solved my problem,

- Delete or rename the file in \ Documents and Setting\ All Users\ Application data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise\RSLinxNG.xml

- Copy the Default Template.xml from \Program files\Rockwell Software\RSLinx Enterprise to \ Documents and Setting\All Users\Application data\Rockwell\RSLinx Enterprise\ and then rename the file to RSLinxNG.xml

- Reboot the computer.

After that, i could see Rslinx Enterprise communication adapter module on the Emulator chassis.

Cheers!