ABB ACS 800 drive question

jrexrode

I'm operating an ACS 800 in speed and torque control, with the operator selecting in which mode the drive will operate. My question is, if the drive is operating in torque control and speed control is selected, does the drive have to enter an inactive state (stop) before the other control mode becomes active, or does the control mode switch on the fly?

By the way, I want to give thanks to everyone who uses this site. Hardly a day goes by that I don't use this site to research a problem or gain new information. The amount of knowledge and expertise represented here by the users is tremendous. Again, thanks.