Logo comfort help

stu

Hi guys
I have never used a logo comfort before but trying to save a bit of money using a second hand unit
I have a project where we would like to add a delay timer for a activation of dump valve to return (it’s a conveyor that drops when the relay is not active)

What I have come up with is When a healthy input from a machine up stream is active in I1 it goes to a latched relay , the latched relay sets off a timer which is in a rung that turns on Q1

If I wanted to add A product sensor that if it is active for a set timer don’t active the Q1 until there is no product
Only for a one operation until we have Q1 active
Any ideas how I can achieve this thanks

I have both LOGO!Soft and Idec WindLGC (which are the exact same program from the same company that makes the PLC's for both companies)

LOGO!Soft will open Idec projects, but it does something to it's projects so Idec WindLGC won't open it's projects. But they both connect to either brand with identical cables, and show the model number of it's brand. I have tried both programs with combinations of both projects, cables & assorted PLC's - All The Same!

The first thing I would need is a list of all the inputs and outputs on the PLC for the machine.

Then list each step of operation in a logical order.

Get me the above and PM me your email (there will be quite a few questions, I'm sure) and I will help you.

Just wanted to let everyone know I found something with LOGO!Soft Comfort software, also Idec WindLGC so it's not a Siemens mod.

If you try to open a project in, or save one to, a cloud storage folder (OneDrive, DropBox, probably ICloud & more) the software will close without any warnings or errors, and if you are trying to save a project just created you will lose it. Opens and saves fine from any other hard drive or USB drive folder.

I can't think of any reason for this other than someone wants to be a PITA. And since I keep all my working project in OneDrive so I can access them anywhere it is a real pain.

Just wanted to let everyone know I found something with LOGO!Soft Comfort software, also Idec WindLGC so it's not a Siemens mod.

If you try to open a project in, or save one to, a cloud storage folder (OneDrive, DropBox, probably ICloud & more) the software will close without any warnings or errors, and if you are trying to save a project just created you will lose it. Opens and saves fine from any other hard drive or USB drive folder.

I can't think of any reason for this other than someone wants to be a PITA. And since I keep all my working project in OneDrive so I can access them anywhere it is a real pain.

Must be something with your setup, I have just opened and saved projects to OneDrive, (Siemens Logo Soft Comfort), and often opened and saved to icloud too, no issues or maybe I'm misreading your post

I have tried this on both programs on 2 different computers and every time I tried to open a project in a OneDrive folder both programs closed without warning.

Then I created a project as a test and as soon as I tried to save it to OneDrive both programs closed and the project was lost.

This is with Idec WindLGC ver 8.0 & LOGO!Soft ver 8.2 on WIndows 10 Pro and Windows 7 Ultimate

Works fine here on two Dell E6440's running Win 10 Pro with Version 8.2. I don't have Idec WindLGC installed, because I never heard of it before. :D

Last edited: