DNP3 Mapping: Should it be identical between SCADA and device?

automan

We are trying to add a new device (Fuse Saver) to our iFIX SCADA System through DNP3 protocol.

As you know every DNP3 device comes with a DNP3 point mapping which describes what points would be provided for SCADA. My question is "Do we need to map all those points in the iFIX?"
In this case the new Fuse Saver driver has about 200 points, do we need to create all those 200 points in iFIX database and powertool? The thing is we are just interested in a few (like 20) of tem.

If we can just create the points we are interested in SCADA side that would be much easier. Otherwise we need to ask Fuse Saver vendor to provide some sort of customised DNP3 mapping for their device. To be honest this is what we are doing at the moment for our Nulec devices(Reclosers). We use Nulec proprietary software to select and create a customised dnp3 mapping but looks like it’s not an easy thing to do for our Fuse Saver Vendor.