DL05 as a totalizer

metman

I am trying to make a DL05 with a 4-20ma input module into a totalizer using the 4-20mA output from a Rosemount Flowmeter. I am having difficulty with the memory pointer for starters and setting up the math functions to compute the rate. Any suggestions or old programs anyone want to share.

metman,

I did a diesel fuel flow totalizer routine not long ago, but on an A.B SLC-5/04. The routine should be similar on the Direct Logic DL-05. Basically, I did it like this:

1. Take the analog input in Gallons per Hour and convert it to Gallons per Second by dividing it by 3600 (60 seconds x 60 minutes).

2. Using a 1-second timer or internal clock bit, each time it reaches 1 second, add the Gallons/Second reading to a memory location (V4000 for example on the DL-05. {Load V4000, Add G/Sec Input, Out V4000}). The cumulative 1-second readings should be very close to your total volume. Gal/Sec summed every Second = Gallons. If more accuracy is required, use a 0.5 second timer, and in step 1, divide by 7200 to get Gallons per 1/2 second, and so on.

If you still can't get it, send money and I will write it for you!

Last edited: