Compact Logix / Panelview - Tag Names

Can anyone point me to an example of a CompactLogix - Panelview program. This is my first attempt programming Panelview and/or CompactLogix. This whole "Tag Name" concept is new to me and I'm getting hit with a double whammy.

I was able to copy the sample program in the Panelview QuickStart manual using my Panelview 900 (2711 T9A5) and a SLC 5/04. I just typed exactly what I read; can't say I learned much.

I can't find a similar tutorial for the Panelview and the CompactLogix. I would be happy with a simple basic example. Something like 0ne button on the Panelview. Press the button and see a bit change in the CompactLogix. When a bit changes in CompactLogix see a change on the Panelview.

As I mentioned earlier I have a 2711-T9A5 (RS232-DH485) and a CompactLogix 5330. I'm using RSLogix 5000 v.11, although I have access to different versions.

I'm a newbie with AB PLCs in general, but thanks to this forum, I can get by. It was here that I learned I needed a PIC 485 driver to connect to the panelview. I am able to program the 5330 enough to see inputs turn on outputs and some basic counter - timers rungs. What I'm really having difficulty with is the tag name / tag address concept, especially in the panelview.

Thank you for any help you can offer;

Frank

Where? I see many different *.ACD files in the Program Files folder under the sample folder but none seem to be associated with a panelview. Looking in the installation CD I can't find any ACD files.

Could you elaborate on where they are?

Frank