How to program an analog I/O Module?

I think I can grasp what you are saying.
Any deviation from the setpoint 0 causes load to come on. This is what I want and will actually control it in the negative as well as the positive. This is good.
The only problem as you suggest it, would be tuning it to respond the way it should, because PID is very tricky if not done right - especially if it's done by me! This is NZ - not the USA. HeHeHe

What I will do is set up the PID the way you suggest, and see how we get on.

BTW I do actually have the Freq Pulse into the PLC but I am still stuck with the old governor.
Maybe when its all going and made some money I can jsutify a new one.

Tuning..........

Read the instruction help on the PID instruction in RSlogix. It tells you how to make the output oscillate to find the parameters you need. Its basically set the Integral and Derivitive to 0. Then increase the Prop band until you get a steady state oscillation on the output. Time the period of the oscillation to get your integral term. Then use 1/8 of that time as your derivitive term. Reduce the steady state oscillation Prop band by 1/2. This will get you close.

When its made some money? How ya gonna make money if you can't sell the power? Hmmmmmmmm I'm beggining to think you have a secret cartel operation in the rain forests of New Zealand....
:D

Dave

Last edited:
If you can save it you've made it!

Anyway thanks to everyone that has helped me on this, you have all been a great help and inspiration to me. From what I read that people are posting, makes me feel like a very small fry.
So now I will be spending a bit of time now doing some leg work getting this running and get back when it doesn't!
So long.