PLC communications

PLCgirl

I was wondering what RS linx software is needed for the AB 1200s. We have RS logix 500 version 6 which is capatible unfortunatly we are unable to trasmit data from the computer program to the PLC. We are using RS linx 1.7. Is this an outdated RS linx software or are we screwing up on something else?
Thanks

On the RSLogix CD-ROM there might be an installation for RSLinx Lite. It doesn't always install automaticly. I don't have Version 6 so I don't know if it was included. Try to find it on your CD-ROM and install the latest version, (should be ver 2.30 or higher, I think).
If it isn't on the CD-ROM, I think you can go to the rockwell website to download it.RSLinx Lite is free but higher grades require buying a license.
Sid

The latest version is 2.40.00 and if you register with AB you can download RSLinx Lite for free. To use with OPC/DDE I believe you would have to have RSLinx Professional.