Omron servos

Steve Kemp

Hi all. Currently trying to breathe some life into a new R7M series servo connected to a Smartstep drive. It's the 750W version (no brake). "Out of the carton" the rotor was locked (with no brake?), but I'm told it's "servo-locked"... So, tick all the boxes for power-up and enabling and it's still locked (definitely not servoing to a static position). Anybody out there had experience with these? I must be doing something wrong -as usual.
Thanks, Steve.

Steve Kemp said:
..."Out of the carton" the rotor was locked...

The drive should lock the rotor only when powered and enabled...at least the brands I have worked with operate that way. Out of the box, disconnected did it freewheel easily? Normally, a brake motor is locked with power removed, and a non-brake motor freewheels. Maybe they got your part numbers crossed or just sent you a bad device...