Wireless Temperature Sensors with PLC

QasimFSH

Hi All,

I need to get the temperature output from my sensors as an input to the PLC, and then run a linear actuator. The temperature sensors will be at 2nd and 1st Level, whereas my PLC will be at the 3rd level. How can I send the signals from my temperature sensors to the PLC wirelessly?

Thanks

I think you should search on google, there you can find better answer.....

A better answer ?

Perhaps if the OP detailed what his PLC is, what model his temp sensors are and what he means by levels and the distances involved then somebody may be able to help, until then it's total guesswork, over to you OP.......

Endress sells wireless sensors... but I don't think they are made to be connected to a PLC wirelessly. It's more along the lines of being able to see the level on your phone should you need to.

Sorry guys, here`s a more detailed explanation:

Its a three story building, one temperature sensor for each floor (3 in total), and PLC will be at 3rd level. The output will be in form of turning on/off actuator according to temperature of the floor. The height of every level is approximately 3.3m.

I am looking into different makes and models of PLCs, havent bought one yet; the choice of PLC will be based on fact that there can be need for more inputs and outputs in near future and support for TCP/IP Communication.

I can promise you that it'll be cheaper to run a cable to each floor. And much less hassle later on

@ASF, which Make n Model of PLC will be suitable if I use wired communication? Micro820 of Allen Bradley looks promising, but its programming software (workbench connected) is not really a friendly one..

"Automation Direct DoMore
EZ Automation EZ Rack"

I actually meant a free simulator for ladder diagram testing, a general one, without the need to specify any controllers being used.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Overview/Catalog/Software_Products/Programmable_Controller_Software/Do-more_PLC_Programming_Software

Download Link:
https://support.automationdirect.com/products/domore.html

The Do-More Designer Software will simulate Modbus TCP on the computer so you can program in your wireless sensors. This simulator will run for an hour before going back into program mode.

Basic simulation for simple logic:
https://www.plcfiddle.com/
http://accautomation.ca/plc-fiddle-online-editor-and-simulator-in-your-browser/

Regards,

Hi All,

I need to get the temperature output from my sensors as an input to the PLC, and then run a linear actuator. The temperature sensors will be at 2nd and 1st Level, whereas my PLC will be at the 3rd level. How can I send the signals from my temperature sensors to the PLC wirelessly?

Thanks
There is a Bluetooth wireless link available with DI 16 DO 16 AI 2 AO2 from Phoenix Contact. This is a very simple gadget pre-paired the input on one side is the output on the other side ILB BT ADIO MUX connect your sensor on the one side to the Analog in and pick it up on the other side as Analog out. than connect it to your PLC analog in done no configuration necessary, only on your PLC scaling.

Oh geez - I would just run Ethernet IP and be done with it if you have to have stuff on each floor - wireless can be such a pain! Lots of time sorting out problems. I use Omron but it will not be cheap but really reliable. You could use a PLC with hard wiring to the sensors - my preference is RTDs - 3 wire - small shielded cables. That back to a common controller with an RTD input card - so easy. Omron software has a simulator built in but the software will cost about $2500 - updates forever on the web generally. CJ2M is the way to go.

Sorry guys, here`s a more detailed explanation:

Its a three story building, one temperature sensor for each floor (3 in total), and PLC will be at 3rd level. The output will be in form of turning on/off actuator according to temperature of the floor. The height of every level is approximately 3.3m.

I am looking into different makes and models of PLCs, havent bought one yet; the choice of PLC will be based on fact that there can be need for more inputs and outputs in near future and support for TCP/IP Communication.

As others have said, Ethernet is the way to go with this one using a protocol of your choice, its a no brainer.

If you want to get fancy you could use ASI but an I/O island with Pt100 in and an output to control what you need with the PLC as master is far easier than wireless.