Adding ethernet/ip comms adaptor to logix system

chelton

Hi, Im wanting to add an ethernet/ip adaptor (an omron nx-eic202) to a logix system.
The Logix plc is a 1756-L61 Rev 15.4 with a 1756-ENBT/A Rev 3/1

I have Rslogix 5000 Standard edition Version 15.1

When I try to Add module, all i get is Allen bradley modules to select. I have added the EDS file with the rslinx hardware installation tool.

Do I need RSnetworx for Ethernet/IP or is there something im missing?

I've only done it once, and don't remember which model Omron Ethernet adapter I used, but if I remember correctly, you had to configure it as a generic ethernet module and set up as SINTs. You have to calculate how many SINTs you will have based on I/O. I remember there being a guide somewhere on Omron's website. Otherwise, your vendor should be able to help.

Last edited:
Have you already been through this?

https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1671

If still no joy, configuring as a generic ethernet module is probably your best bet.

If yo follow this steps, I guess that an AOP for the Omron module is missing. See the step 2 how the NX is in the list. AOP is the Add-On Profile, an installable file that adds the respective module to the Logix "database" so you can pick from the list an add to the I/O tree.

Version 15 Studio and firmware is about ten years old. I know for certain it doesn't support EDS-derived module profiles, and it might not even support modern Add-On Profiles.

So if you have instructions on using a Generic Ethernet Module object, I recommend that you take that approach.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have the quick start guide.
Short term I'm guessing I'll be using the generic module. Longer term the site should look at updating rslogix and the firmware.