You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old May 23rd, 2018, 11:28 PM   #1
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

OT: Low Temperature Flow Meter

I've got a client who needs to measure a flow rate somewhere in the range of 10-20L/s through a 100mm pipe. Ordinarily, not a big drama, but in this case the liquid in the pipe will be -50C. I've got a few enquiries out with various suppliers but I thought I'd see if the good folk of this forum might be able to point me in the direction of a few options.

I'm thinking it might end up having to be a non-contact measurement method, or a DP sensor across an orifice plate. Open to any and all suggestions!

Electrically I just need a 4-20mA output and would prefer a 24VDC supply.
Old May 24th, 2018, 03:47 AM   #2
chopin
United Kingdom

Try to contact flow meter sales engineer as he will help you to find right product for your applications.
I have used in the past a EH flow meters to measure liquid CO2 and there was no major issues with the device. The only problem we had was diameter of the pipe being to small and CO2 was freezing sometimes. I think it was a vortex flow meter but not 100% sure as it was few years ago.
Old May 24th, 2018, 05:29 PM   #3
ASF
Lifetime Supporting Member
Australia

Thanks, I've got a few sales engineers looking into it for me, one of which is E&H. I'm also going to try Yokogawa, Krohne and Emerson today.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum