FT View ME Add User

Greg Dake

Hello!

I am working on a FT View ME project and working on different methods for user management. I have a screen where I can add, remove, etc., users.

When I add a user from within a running ME project via an "Add User" button, I get confirmation the user has been added, but the user doesn't show up in the user directory in the project. I added a user named "Test1" and the user didn't show up. See below. What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Greg

test1.jpg

I'm confused, you said you added the user on a Pv+, why/how would that user miraculously appear in your project tree? Did you restore the project?

Look at RA User Mgmt Demo. Use that to test. I'm assuming you are using a newer version of ME that supports the more robust user management.

"Test1" user was added to the Runtime Security directory of the respective FTVME project.

What you are looking at is the FactoryTalk Directory settings for all RA software running on your machine (if a Local FTD is being used) or all RA software running on a given Domain if a Network FTD is being used.

Upload the .mer from the terminal, Restore it then up under the Project Settings open up the Runtime Security directory; 'Test1' will be listed under the DEFAULT one.

Last edited: