SLC data files to Excel?

Steve Kemp

Hi all. I have 30 "N" files (250 words each) that I'd like to view in an intelligible format. Is there any way of copying the data directly from RSLogix into say, Excel? Thanks, Steve.

Do a search here as well as in your RS Linx help file for 'DDE/OPC'. It will help you to understand a lot.

Ken Moore said:
On line or off line?
What flavor of RSLinx do you have?

The answer to this question makes a huge difference in the approach.

I'll assume you really do mean copying from RSLogix and not reading from the PLC, so I'll go with the simplest answer first: offline viewing.

Save the entire PLC proram file as a library file. Open the library file in MSWord or notepad. Find the data files. Cut and paste to a blank word document and edit it to CSV format. Then save as a .csv file and open in Excel.

If this is not what you need then please get back to us all.