Recipe files for quickpanel in proficy machine edition view

cookswim

I'm looking to implement some complex recipes within a GE Quickpanel and noticed in the help files that it's possible to use equations within the recipes. However the exact usage isn't very well described.

Does anyone know if said equations are to be placed in the recipe template file, the actual recipe file, either, both? If they then reside only in the recipe file does that mean I can't edit them within the quickpanel and then save back to disk with the SaveRecipe function?

Sorry, IDNK but it takes but a minute or less to try it by setting your Target to Simulate then download & run the project.

So true Russ...

Simulated a simple project and tried having equations in both the recipe and template files.

The recipe load/save procedures can only handle equations in the recipe file. Putting an equation in the template file will cause that specific variable to not be saved. Guess that means I can't use recipes within a template file and will have to write the equations in the script file just before saving.