Siemens Tag Help

Nan

Hi,

I am new to Siemens. In Rslogix5000, I can simply create a tag(Bool) and alias to a Alarm tag(Dint), so that I can easily setup the alarm in Factorytalk view. I am wondering how can I do this in TIA Portal V13?

Thanks!!

Create an alarm word,

"AlarmWord1"

you then define your descrete alarms, and for example:

Trigger tag = AlarmWord1
Trigger Bit = 0

You trigger this bit with your logic, and the associated alarm is prompted on the HMI.

Remember that if AlarmWord1 is defined as DB100.DBW100 then bit 0 of the 16 bit word's absolute address is DB100.dbx101.0

Thank you for your response! Could you be more specific? How can I trigger the bit in LD logic? In Rslogix5000, I can create a coil, and put on a tag(bool) which alias the bit.

in exactly the same fashion.

Create a tag for the absolute address of the bit in the alarm word, and then add a coil that is adressed to that tag to the end of your logic that you want to trigger the alarm.

Which PLC are you using?

If it is the newer 1200 or 1500 series, you can create the AlarmWord tag, and then use AlarmWord.X0 through AlarmWord.X15 on the coil to access each of the bits inside of it. This is called Slice style addressing.

It is also possible to use something called the AT construct, which allows you to overlay one tag with another data type. In the 1200/1500 this can be used in any language (except not with optimized blocks), but in the 300/400 it may only possible in SCL.