Siemens TIA Portal V13 Alarm Set Up Help

Nan

Hi everyone, I am new to Siemens PLC. Right now, I am having issue to set up the alarm in TIA PORTAL V13. CPU:317-2 PN/DP HMI: TP700 Comfort. I tried to create tags in DB, create tags in HMI tags. But when I define the plc tag in HMI tag, the address always be red, no matter what data types I used. Please help me to understand how to set up the alarm step by step.

Thank you very much!

Thank you for your kind respond. But I am still confuse, could I get some screen shots of your tags in DB, HMI Tags?

Thank you very much!

What is confusing you?

In the PLC I use a FC with FB and DB for alarm handling.

In HMI, I declare the AlarmWords (notice no PLC tag) directly.

alarm_01.PNG alarm_02.PNG alarm_03.jpg

I see what you are to show me. Basically, I should just create 16 alarms(BOOL) in DB3, and create the HMI Tag(int) then point to address in DB3, for example,%DB3.DBW0, then %DB3.DBW1.0-%DB3.DBW1.7 %DB3.DBW0.0-%DB3.DBW0.7 will represent the first 16 alarms in the DB3?
If the alarm number over 16 then next HMI tag starts with %DB3.DBW2, and %DB3.DBW3.0-%DB3.DBW3.7 %DB3.DBW2.0-%DB3.DBW2.7 will represent the 17-32 alarms in the DB3?
If I want to trigger alarm1, then just create a coil and trigger the tag alarm1 which in DB3? or create a coil trigger the address(bit) according to the alarm. Sorry for my poor English....Thank you!

Another way is to use bitslicing, create a variable "INT" in your optimized DB. Name it ALARM. The adress for the INT would be DB.Alarm. You can now access the separate bits if you write .

DB.ALARM.x0 = bit 0
DB.ALARM.x1 = Bit 1
etc etc

Another way is to use bitslicing, create a variable "INT" in your optimized DB. Name it ALARM. The adress for the INT would be DB.Alarm. You can now access the separate bits if you write .

DB.ALARM.x0 = bit 0
DB.ALARM.x1 = Bit 1
etc etc

Slice style access is great, but I think it is only available on the newer PLC's (1200/1500). Nan is using the 317.

Thanks for all the replies!!! It really helps a lot... I have to say Siemens is way harder to learn than AB, it seems not very clear... especially learned AB first, maybe just I am not smart enough.

It is two different worlds. Just like learning a language, I did pretty good on learning my native language, but every language after that was pretty hard :). Just do it, and you will get the hang of it in no time. ;)

Thank you for your suggestion! My boss just ask me to learn Tia Portal V13 and convert an existing AB project to Tia Portal project. I am wondering if you can send me an project(s7-300,400 instructions LAD), so that I can look at it to make sure I am doing the right thing here. All Siemens projects I have on my hands are based on STL language, it is just not helping at all......My email is [email protected], just a simple project will be enough, I really appreciate it!

Sorry, we use FBD and STL for most of our stuff. And I cannot just handover those programs.

Feel free to ask any questions you like