Texas Instruments Series 500 Controller 530T-1104

Shevy

Instruments Series 500 Controller 530T-1104
Could anyone help!!

I have a 3 Series 500 Controllers that require a routine battery change. The battery good LED's are okay.
I have 2 off TI 530T-1104 and 1 off TI 530T-1112 controllers.
The batteries are changed every 3 years as part of maintenance of the system.
My questions are;
Can I change the battery when the controllers are powered up?
Just pull out the battery and change it whilst its powered up?
Will I loose the controllers RAM when attempting this?

Could you anyone help?

On 525 systems, you have to be fast, if you fiddle around with the battery disconnected then you may lose your plc program. Also, since these are very very old systems, the capacitors may drain down faster than designed, so plan your work and be quick.
On 535's you change it will powered up, not sure about the 530's.

Last edited:
I always do a program save before any battery change. Takes a min or 2, saves a bunch of headaches.

I don't have any 530s, but the 545/555 and 2500's all let you change the battery while it is running.

TI 530-1112 stopped triggering outputs

I just upgraded a Servo drive that is part of a 530 PLC. AS we were setting up the drive the PLC stopped triggering the outputs. Is there a way to check the 530T-1112 to find out if it has issues?

I downloaded TISOFT but it is a 16Bit program and will not work on a computer running Windows XP and up. Is there a TISOFT that will work on a newer computer?

Thanks,
Ambient