RSLogix 5000: Exporting Arrays and All Respective Information to Excel

yabby24

Hello,

I have an offline copy of a controller in RSLogix 5000; I want to export all of the information I see in Controller Tags, Properties, and arrays in the program to Excel (200+ arrays).

When I use the Export function in the program, it only exports some of the information. I don't need any "live" values, just whatever is stored in each part of the array in an Excel spreadsheet.

It seems like this is a common problem, but I haven't found any straightforward/step-by-step solutions so far. I'm a beginner here, so forgive my ignorance.

Thanks in advance. Let me know any other information that may be useful.

a) Go to controller tags > monitor tab.
b) Expand the array.
c) Select the rows you want to copy. It's a little tricky: you need to select the array elements and the array tag. In the attached picture, you can see I selected N36 and the elements inside that array. If you only select the elements, the copy option will be disabled.
d) Copy and paste the information into a blank document in notepad. Save the document as .csv file.
e) Finally, open it in Excel.

image_01.PNG

You can try this little program I made with AdvancedHMI for copying tags to and from PLCs.
You make a text file with the tag names you want to read/write.
Point it at the PLC.
Read the values from the PLC and write them into the original file.

You can modify the values in the file and drop them back into the PLC.

Works with numbers and strings and UDTs but you need to put in the actual element you want to read.

You can make the list of tags in Excel then save as a text file. The result is a CSV file that can be opened in Excel.

https://fibreking-my.sharepoint.com...F2khbt1XM&expiration=2017-05-27T12:19:59.000Z

Last edited: