Automated Lights with Micro810 and CCW

Thail

Hi all,
I've recently been tasked with programming an AB Micro810 to automate a light system. I'm fairly new to PLCs and have only been using CCW for a short period of time, however I've made solid progress so far. I've successfully implemented a TOW block to turn on the lights at 7am and turn them off at 6pm, and then allow a light switch to manually turn the lights on/off after 6pm. However, the issue I'm having is that if the lights are turned on manually before 7am or between 7am-6pm, they will remain on after 6pm. Essentially, I want them to turn off at 6pm regardless of what state the switch is in. I've used a one shot rising block to make it so that the switch needs to be toggled in order for the lights to come on manually however if the lights have been toggled on before 6pm they will stay on. At this point I'm not sure what to do so any help would be appreciated! I've attached my program as well as my function block and variables for each.

Light_Timer.jpg Light_Timer_Vars.jpg Light_Switch_ONS.PNG Light_Switch_Vars.jpg

In my opinion you should add 3rd paralel branch in 2nd network. If LIGHT is ON and NEGATIVE TRIG from AUTO_ENABLE = LIGHT OFF.

This will resault that if lamp is turned on and timer you set expires, light will go off.

I may not be right, but if you have time try this.

I think you're right, that should work. I've attempted that method but it's not giving me the results I'm looking for. I'll keep trying and hopefully it'll work.

Use a momentary contact push button with toggle logic for your light switch. Compare the time of day to condition the input to the toggle logic, with a reset coil fired with a rising edge contact first thing in the morning.

Use a momentary contact push button with toggle logic for your light switch. Compare the time of day to condition the input to the toggle logic, with a reset coil fired with a rising edge contact first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the help, I'm not sure if this is quite what you meant but your suggestion gave me the right idea! For anyone who stumbles across this thread in the future here is the fully functioning code. The switch behaves normally between 6pm-7am and then the lights are on regardless of the position of the switch between 7am-6pm. At 6pm the lights turn off regardless of the position of the switch. Cheers!

Light_Timer_Final.jpg Light_Timer_Final_Vars.jpg