Rs5000 project

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am new to RS5000 but have managed to navigate through the parts I've needed so far and I'm learning more. I've searched the posts to find my problem but I'm still unclear.
I only have 3 machines running on RS5000 and was able to go online with each,saving a copy of each but I can only open 2 of them the other gives me an "RSLogix 5000 Fatal Error"
Looks like it is trying to open in v.20 and times out.
This machine is about 5 years old not sure what version it is running I have
v. 13.4, 15.2, 16.4,17.1,18.2,19.1 &20.1 installed
All files are .acd
I am thinking I need to open it in another version, but don't know how.
The error says it is trying to open in V.20
Any and All suggestions will be greatly appreciated, Thanks

If you are using RSLinx, then navigate to the PLC to which you are trying to connect.
Highlight the PLC Processor, then right-click onto <device properties>
and look at the box for "Revision"...

It probably is the V.20 firmware/software minor revision mismatch.

Install RSL5K Rev.20.04; this took care of the above mentioned issue; it will open up any V.20 minor firmware CPU application.

Thanks. I will go to rockwell and upgrade. I thought they would notify me on upgrades since I pay (through the nose) for a contract on all their software.

Thanks. I will go to rockwell and upgrade. I thought they would notify me on upgrades since I pay (through the nose) for a contract on all their software.

They probably would have a few years ago. This is a rare situation where Rockwell made some security changes in the minor revisions that caused conflicts, correct me if I'm wrong...

If you open the .acd file in notepad or some other text editor, in the top few lines of the file, it will state what version the file itself is.

Just got off the phone with Tech Support, didn't know they are all the way to v.30
I need to download all the versions. They say my v.20.1 needs repaired and I need the CD to do it or redownload it as well.
Opened file in notepad and it is v.20.1

The ones I can open are v.16.04
They also recommended not having CCleaner saying it can corrupt their file?