Non-PLC Question For Help

Dock Door Red Light, Green Light may help.

The driver stays in the cab until the green light indicates that loading is finished. If the light remains red until disconnect, they can never leave (Eagles anyone ;-) )

I'd make the indicator light as follows:

• permanent red light: loading
  • blinking red: loading finished, plugged in
  • green: finished and unplugged.
This doesn't answer the original question though.

I'll second the Kussmall auto eject plugs, worked at an ambulance factory and saw these in action....never had a miss. When vehicle is started, it "auto ejects" the connector cord from vehicle.

I'll second the Kussmall auto eject plugs, worked at an ambulance factory and saw these in action....never had a miss. When vehicle is started, it "auto ejects" the connector cord from vehicle.
Again, it can't work unless you get EVERY FACILITY IN THE COUNTRY where these refer trailers are going to be used to retrofit to that plug.

I give that about as much of a chance as winning the lottery without buying a ticket...

Again, it can't work unless you get EVERY FACILITY IN THE COUNTRY where these refer trailers are going to be used to retrofit to that plug.

I give that about as much of a chance as winning the lottery without buying a ticket...

The OP did not say.....but maybe it is only 1 location and the trucks belong to them...

The OP did not say.....but maybe it is only 1 location and the trucks belong to them...

Highly unlikely. If the trucks belong to them, you'd figure they would have round up all the drivers and teach them about the plug. Depends on the company, but for example the warehouse I worked receiving docks were drivers from multiple companies all over the country.

Shipping docks were the company's truck and company's drivers too.

Hopefully OP will shed some light on the details. 🤞🏻