CompactLogix to MicroLogix

Manually yes, the difference in how the Compacts and the Micros do IO and Tags makes automatic conversion a no go.

There is an automated PLC-5/SLC-500 conversion utility that is included with Studio 5000 that does a partial conversion of SLC and PLC programs, which can also operate on MicroLogix programs because of their similarity to SLC-500.

That utility does much of the manual work of converting addresses and instructions and rungs, but it always requires significant manual conversion for elements that don't work the same between platforms.

There is no similar utility to do the reverse.

You can copy-paste rungs between RSLogix 500 and Studio 5000 Logix Designer, but that's about as much automation as you're going to get on the matter.

In general, MicroLogix programs are much smaller than CompactLogix, and often rely on the special hardware built into the MicroLogix.

Yeah, copy and paste the ladder into RSL500, and build a spreadsheet that has one column for RS5k tags, and a corresponding column for what the tags will be in RSL500. Then do a find & replace for each tag.