GE Fanuc 90-30 CPU 363

Hello Forum:

I am wondering how to run CPU 363 ( IC693CPU363-BD ) of GE Fanuc 90 30 with Versapro package , version 2.04 and with cable interface ( RS422 (SNP) to RS-232 Miniconverter HE693SNP232-R ) Knowing that the Port 2 that we have in our processor is RS-485 .Is there any problem with different port names RS-422 and RS 485 on CPU?
Also, I have made RJ11 connector for RS232 communication, so I tried to run the CPU by the two connectors individual Is it right to get Run Lamp on in power supply (IC693 PWR 321U ) Since I switched power on compared with different types of PLC or is it different ?

Thanks
I need help from members
GM. LY

Thanks for giving hand and Idid what in link MR.PLC that I have done it befor , it is scanning till to reach time out and by the way how to know specialley CPU363 is defected that Ithink but Ihave two items of this cpu & Igot the same prblem with it and there is a LED FOR CPU RUN or STOP on power supply pwr 321 & to mention you power supply is working normally & as i mentioned in first ask for Iknew of most plcs when switch power supply on cpu led on pwr231 coming on that i never get it on & iam trying to bring the situation to you as much i can
thanks alot
GM.LY / [email protected]

I'm not clear what your problem is.
Are you having trouble establishing a connection between your computer running VersaPro 2.04 and your CPU363?
Has your CPU363 stopped running its program?

The LEDs on the CPU363 module only give you information about communications. The LEDs on the power supply module tell you the status of the PLC.
Norma operation:
The "PWR" LED on the power supply module should be on continuously.
The "OK" LED on the power supply module should be on continuously.
The "RUN" LED on the power supply module should be on continuously.
The "BATT" LED on the power supply module should be off.

If the "PWR" LED is not on, it indicates a problem with the line power to the module.
If the "OK" LED is off or blinking, it indicates that the CPU module did not pass its power-on tests.
If the "RUN" LED is off, it indicates the PLC is not running its program. That could be due to a fault or it could indicate there is no program in the CPU module. The program could have been lost if the battery failed or the CPU module was removed from the baseplate.
If the "BATT" LED is on, it indicates a low battery.

Hi Steve & Thanks For help and the clear problem I can not run the P.L.C & ALL LED's okay except the RUN LED on power module p.w.r 321 that all the time is OFF , by the way as you said,I think first how to bring that run led on after i will be trying to load from p.l.c or making simple ladder diagram & store it to p.l.c at least to see what is going on for that I NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE

thanks for evry one giving hand
G.M. LY / [email protected]

What software are you using to program the PLC?
Does the computer you are using to run the programming software have a real serial port or are you limited to USB?
Have you been able to establish communications between your computer and the PLC?

The keyswitch on the CPU363 module may be configured to run or stop the program. Have you tried switching it from ON to OFF and back to ON again?

Once you have established communication between the programming software and the PLC, you can check the fault tables for insights on what caused it to stop running its program.

Hi Steve and thanks for help; the clear problem I can't run the PLC, and all LED's are ok, except the run LED, in power module is off.
anyway, our problem now is how to establish communication between the Laptop (limited to USB only) and PLC.
please note that we are using Miniconverter SNP to RS232 Adapter HE693SNP232-R, and also we tested the key switch on the CPU 363, to change between on and off, but unfortunately nothing happen.
thanks a lot

Not all USB/serial converters work well with all software. If one brand doesn't, try another.

Before you rush out and buy another USB/serial converter, check to make sure the COM port that Windows assigns to your converter matches the one you have chosen to use with the programming software. A reminder. You still haven't identified which software package you are using. There are four possibilities; Logicmaster, Control, VersaPro, and Proficy Machine Edition. If you aren't sure which COM port the software is using, tell me which software and I'll tell you how to find out.
Also, if you have RSLinx installed on the computer you're using, make sure it is turned off. RSLinx may not have released the COM port even though RSLogix is not running. The same may be true of communications drivers for other brands of PLC.

Hi Steve,it is VERSA PRO. VERSION 2.04 & About USB/SERIAL CONVERTER that i used no problem with Mitshi converter BEIJERSC09, is this meaning o.k ? & I would like to take care on converter which i have used (HE693SNP 232-R) that mentioned RS 422 TO RS 232
Also i got this one ( https://www.mrplc.com/kb/How-to-Connect-to-a-GE-90-30-PLC-with-VersaPro_50.html) from canidian member gclshortt that i did it no improvement , i think it's converter i used HE693SNP232R & RSlinx is off as i found
thanks for help

There are two converters involved here.
The first is the converter from USB to serial. Most of those convert to the RS232 electrical standard, which is what was on most computers before the advent of USB.
The 15-pin serial port (Port 2) on the CPU363 follows the RS485 electrical standard. That makes necessary the second converter which is from the RS232 electrical standard to the RS485 electrical standard. That function is performed by the Horner HE693SNP232 device. Port 2 on the CPU363 is identical to the 15-pin port on the power supply module.
There is also an RJ11 phone jack port on the CPU363 designated as Port 1. If you were to use that port you would not need the Horner device.
When VersaPro is trying to establish a connection you should see either the "P1" or P2" LED on the CPU module flash, depending on which port your cable is connected to. If neither LED flash, there is most likely something wrong with your cable, one or both of your converters, or the way you have set up your communications driver in VersaPro.
Imentioned in an earlier post that you should check to make sure the COM port assigned to your USB/serial converter matches the COM port that VersaPro is configured to use to communicate with the PLC.
I don't know anything about the BEIJERSC09 converter you cited, but the character string "SC09" in the part number makes me worry. To me, that suggests a serial TTL level converter which is wrong for this application.

Hi steve, first you misunderstood me about mitsubishi interface cable SC09 which convert from RS-232 TO 25 PIN SERIAL PORT,this used for A series & FX series, can't used in our cpu-363,but to proof tha USB/SERIAL PORT RS-232 ,which i used with mitshi interface cable (SC09) ,it is working perfect and take it out from your mind with matching both port are COM1 TOO , i hope,it is clear and my question is Horner device HE693SNP232-R that i have,IS IT for RS-422 (SNP) TO RS-232 Miniconverter or for RS-485(SNP) TO RS-232 ,would you clear it to me pls ? and how about HWC for setting CCU is any setting i have to do ? after reply we will see what we have to do & at the same time your Encouraging me to keep on till to win
thanks

Hi Steve , i couldn't catch the meaning of this your paragraph as
The default settings for the serial port in hardware configuration are the same as the default serial port settings in VersaPro software.
cleared pls with thanks