EZMarqueen Helo!

Nan

Hi, I am trying to set the profibus address on EZMarqueen. According to their manual, a three wire end RS-232 cable should be connected to rxd txd and ground on EZMarqueen. But I got the picture like attached. I tried to switch rx and tx, but nothing displays. Can anyone help? Thank you very much!

IMG_20150826_085354.jpg

What are you using for your ASCII Code? I know I wrote a program in visual basic about 5 years ago to handle messages VIA ethernet to a EZMarquee and you need to make sure your messages are structured correctly. I assume their RS232 comms are the same. The first part is for your group / unit numbers ^A010001^E1^ is group & unit 1.

For a 8" Display:

L0^C1^K0^dC1 = 2" for line 1
L1^C1^K1^dC1 = 4" for line 1
L2^C1^K2^dC1 = 6" for line 1
L3^C1^K3^dC1 = 8" for line 1

^N^K0^dC1 = 2" for any line after that
^N^K1^dC1 = 4" for any line after that
^N^K2^dC1 = 6" for any line after that

Example: Sending the ASCII message ^A010001^E1^L3^C1^K3^dC1Help!
Would display "Help!" In large 8" font.

Example 2: Sending ^A010001^E1^L1^C1^K1^dC1Help!^N^K0^dC1Me
Would display (At a size of 4" on the top) Help!
Then on the bottom (At a size of 2") Me

I think I remember this correctly! It's been awhile.

Let me know how it works!

Last edited:
Thank you for your information! I used their software to get the connection right now... but I am having problem to sent message to EZMarquee(LED Display). I have already set up the profibus connection to EZmarquee(b4 bytes output). But when I tried to use DPWR_DAT to send the string to the outputs, it did not go though, see picture. Thank you very mcuh!

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Siemens PLCs. We have all AB processors in our mills.

But looking at the manual it looks like you need to use a XMT instruction to send ASCII commands (This is for a Siemens S7, not sure what yours is). Page 60 or so in the pdf.
http://store.ezautomation.net/v/vspfiles/Manuals/EZM-MARQUEE-M.pdf

Not sure how much more help I can be on that end. You'll need someone more familiar then I am with Siemens I think!

Last edited: