Yet Another CCW Issue.

PLC Pie Guy

Hey Folks.
Once again. I have an issue with CCW on my laptop.
This is getting old, really...... I like the software but... Seems like every time I open it something happens.

I purchased the shiny new CCW V11 Developer. Installed it.
Now on my previous V10 projects I get the error upon opening.

"VbPatch Unrecognized database format
'C:\Users\UserName\Desktop\Case_Sealer|Controller|Controller\PrjLibrary.mdb'"

No knowledgebase results for this one and I can't call Rockwell just yet.

Anybody have this little beauty yet??

EDIT: After closing the window displaying the Vb Error described above, I see a Connected Components Workbench Error stating that this project belongs to an older version. The project will now close.

Once I click OK here, the project proceeds to open, but only the HMI and drive, not the controller.

Normally I can simply open my older projects and change the controller revision to match my newer software. I didn't have this issue going from 9 to 10.

Thanks

Last edited:
AHHHH! I see.
I read this thread the other day. I thought, I havn;t seen this one yet. The following day I was trying to add a Micro850 on my PC at home and got that error.

I didn't think this was the same issue, but i just went to try and create the same Micro850 in the project and guess what?? I got the exact error you just pointed me to in that other thread.

I wonder if this is something that is going to affect every windows / CCW user?

Now I have to get IT involved as they handle the updates and such on the computer.

Rockwell, Rowckwell. Shame.. So many hours lost to this foolish stuff over the years.

I was just talking to a brand new from college, Rockwell rep yesterday. We were going over issues with A Factory Talk Directory Configuration Wizard in a training module that he is working on... We have been stuck on a silly little thing where I can't configure the Factory Talk Netwrok Directory on his Lab machine through a remote desktop connection, but I can configure the Local Directory. It just throws an error. Hes baffled??
"How could this be???? It doesn't make sense", he says. I just laughed and told him he has a lot to learn about Rockwell.

Was there one KB update in particular that fixed the ssue for you or did you uninstall the whole series of updates??

Thanks

EDIT:::: Never mind, You answered that already!

My issue with updates... I have about 10 laptops, so once a month or every other month when I power them up they update so when something is broken because of one, I have 15 updates that could of killed me

I have two laptops that do not get updated just because I cant have them not work

They need to somehow correct these issues before they happen. I don't like to nor am I comfortable messing with my IT owned computer. I'm comfortable using my software to modify a control system and I need it to work when I need it. To many people are waiting on us only to see me struggling with something like this.

Don't they know there will be another update tomorrow? Probably another one the day after......

I know that there is nothing I can do about it, and likely they do this sort of thing strictly to keep the money flowing in product support. (I.E. they wanted $500 USD today to speak to a rep 45 mins before my contract starts.)

Not a bashing thread. Just venting. This got me today at a super inconvenient time. I needed to make one ever so tiny change to a program I did In V10 a few months back. The machine was started today in production for the first time and I was stuck for a timer value.
So many times I run across things that make me just shake my head and want to ask them, WHY?

So, still no luck.

I called Tech support.
They said easy, uninstall these updates.

• Security Update for Windows 10
o KB4480966
o KB4480116 / KB4476976
o KB4483232
o KB4480056
o KB4480978
o KB4480973

Turns out, none of these are on my PC. I only have one even close. Its KB4480961. They said uninstall that one. BAD IDEA!!!!!!!! My computer then got caught in a cycle of self diagnosis, self repair, ERROR did not start correctly, restart, repeat........... I ended up restoring to a backup point yesterday. With said offending KB4480961.

Still, I can't use my $500 developer package. Thanks Rockwell! I would have been really happy had I given them the $500 for pre-contracted hours support.

So have you ran CCW on this pc before? if yes then you need to look at the dates and 'try' and figure them out by the install/update date, if it ran good on Jan 1st then look at updates after then

I have ran it before on this laptop but not since I installed the V11 software. Perhaps the version is not relevant.

I'm nervous now to remove any updates after what happened with removing KB4480961.

Iv asked my IT dept. for help but they will not like this at all. Especially because I let Rockwell mess with it.

Not happy at all with Rockwell right now. Make me look like an idiot!!!!! Nor can they help me fix this dumb-foundry they have created, and charged me money for! :mad:

I'm feeling now between a "Rock" and a hard place.

Its resolved now.
IT had some tense moments with it.... He tried to uninstall update KB4880961 as I had previously done. Same thing, system crashed. After some muddling about he went to restore it back but there were no restore images available for some reason. He did some sweating and some cursing and some fiddling about and manged to get a restore point from Jan 12.
Some tense moments but the laptop is back on, my CCW software works.
The whole day shot to this mess.

What fun will the next rouge wave update bring! Will it work tomorrow when I come in?? Who knows....

Different day, different computer, same problem.
I just got my laptop all refurbished, a new digitally licensed copy of Win10PRO and all set to go.
Installed CCW V11 and the same problem. I'm sick of ****. Iv gotten nothing accomplished today because of this.

On my screen shot you will see the top KB update. It will not allow me to uninstall it.. This is the only update I see on my computer that is on the list of possible offenders. The laptop was created yesterday! there is no restore point before this update!!

What now??? Is this the end of CCW for me or what? Its kind of useless in this state.

Thanks

I cant see your screen shot, I think its to large....

I also had another update that I had to removed today, the first one ended in 66, this one ended in 98 but since I had to do the 66 again yesterday all I had to do was look at the one that was installed yesterday, so just a uninstall and reboot then downloaded the changes

I dont have a choice, I have to use it ;)

Re posting Screen Shot

Shows the installed updates. However, the top one doesn't provide me with the option to uninstall where some others do.

I just priced a system today with over 30 outputs and 12 analog inputs. With a Micro850. I need to be working on this. but I cant even add a controller. This is stress full!

thanks