WinCC (not flex) question...

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to set a bit in a PLC but I'm struggling to get it working. I'll explain the set up and then explain the problem to try and make it as clear as possible.

I have a PC running WinCC that talks to another PC running WinCC via an OPC server.

2nd PC is connected to an S5 PLC.

I want to set a bit on the 1st PC that then sets the bit in the PLC.

I have zero experience with WinCC (although I've quite a bit of PLC and Citect experience) and so far I have managed to:
1) Create a tag on 2nd PC that points to an address in PLC
2) Create a tag with same name on 1st PC that points to 2nd PC tag
3) Set up I/O Field's on both PC's to test, and change, the tag status.

I can change the tag on the 2nd PC and it changes in the PLC and the changes are also reflected on the 1st PC.. so far so good... however, when I change the tag on the 1st PC it doesn't update.

It doesn't change on the 2nd PC or in the PLC.

Anyone got any ideas how to achieve this...??

I really hope this question makes sense and that someone has the necessary skills to help. If you need anymore info please don't hesitate to ask.

Many thanks for all your help.

;-)