My turn for a Crimson question - embedding tag in string.

TConnolly

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a multi state tag PumpStatus. When PumpStatus is 1 I want it to display RUNNING AT ???? RPM with the speed embedded as a part of the same data primitive. Crimson doesn't seem to want to take a tag reference here. I tried PumpRPM.Text and it took the text literally instead of giving me the tag value. Is there a way to do this as a part of the multi-state tag or will I end up having to use two primitives?

TC05061301.png

I have a multi state tag PumpStatus. When PumpStatus is 1 I want it to display RUNNING AT ???? RPM with the speed embedded as a part of the same data primitive. Crimson doesn't seem to want to take a tag reference here. I tried PumpRPM.Text and it took the text literally instead of giving me the tag value. Is there a way to do this as a part of the multi-state tag or will I end up having to use two primitives?

Easy...

= "RUNNING AT " + RPM_TAG + " RPM"

Actually not that simple. You need to convert RPM_TAG to Text. Use IntToText(RPM_TAG,10,4).

So it is:

= "RUNNING AT " + IntToText(RPM_TAG,10,4) + " RPM"

If you don't have an Integer, use DecToText with a little different format.

The leading = was what was tripping me up. Without it Crimson was taking the entire thing as a literal string. When I tried RUNNING AT PumpRPM.AsText RPM I got the literal string instead of the RPM value.

I used ="RUNNING AT" + PumpRPM.AsText and then formatted the PumpRPM tag with units of RPM I got what I wanted.

Last edited:
The leading = was what was tripping me up. Without it Crimson was taking the entire thing as a literal string. When I tried RUNNING AT PumpRPM.AsText RPM I got the literal string instead of the RPM value.

I used ="RUNNING AT" + PumpRPM.AsText and then formatted the PumpRPM tag with units of RPM I got what I wanted.

I normally think of using .AsText when using the Multi-States. That's why I gave the complicated solution.

Glad you got it worked out.